Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I like those cubes! Maybe I should make one for Poggles... it's a great idea!

I like the rounded bases of the hedgie bags from clairepartlow too. I wonder how she makes it so that the interior doesn't pull out? Is there an inside seam? Or does that top seam just hold it all in? I wonder...

I guess if you didn't want the interior to pull out, you could also just put a few stitches into the bottom to hold it into place.

Poggles likes digging in his bag too, but the outcome is that he is able to bunch up the interior around him to make a little nest, kind of like building a wall. I like that, and I think he does too. Whenever his "nest" gets too close to the doorway, I just push it back in so that he can do it again.

Thanks for all the links!

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Cool! Yeah, I've kept up how Poggles is doing on my blog since I got him. He's so much fun and I love him to pieces. I just gave him a bath and he is infinitely grumpy now. He's hissing at my typing sounds :p

I gave Poggles some fleece squares too, but he doesn't seem to distinguish them from the rest of his pouch. He just tramples on them, lol :)

Do you have a blog too? I'd love to see your hedgehog!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ahahaha! I love the photos! He looks so cute! I love it when they are all snuggled in their pouches and their little tails are showing like that.

He looks really calm with all his quills down. Poggles likes to run on his wheel in secret so he usually gets off and goes back to his house if I catch him on it. Darn!

The bag from Claire looks really good. A good size too! The cube looks really cosy!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Lol, so that's the secret to good on-the-wheel photos!

I know what you mean by a slow one-step-at-a-time process. It has been the same for me. I love Poggles though. Him and all his quirks :D

I did a test run of a rounded base pouch today and posted the full tutorial on my blog: http://www.mytutorlist.blogspot.ca/2012 ... l-for.html

I called it the Summer Flannel Pita Pouch because it's shaped like a pita :)

Poggles used it right away, but when I put his regular pouch in front of him he just went back to his regular fleece pouch. I think the new pouch a.) doesn't smell familiar and b.) is too shallow compared to his regular pouches. The old ones provide more shade and coverage so he likes them better.

I added an alternative to the tutorial to add an extra lip onto the end so that it is slightly deeper.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.