Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my hedgie Sonic last Thursday. He is doing so good so far. Still working on him letting me touch or hold him though. Anyway, I got a CSW with the litter pan beneath it and he poops and pees in it very good. He's taken to it better than I ever imagined. Right now I have two paper towels that line it to absorb urine and such. I change the paper towel everyday but every morning I wake up and he's pulled the paper towel out of the pan. He doesn't burrow in it or put it in his snuggle sack with him. He just pulls it out to the middle of the cage and leaves it there. Usually on top of his water bowl and it gets soaking wet LOL. Anyone else know why he may be doing that? I like using paper towels and I don't want to switch to shavings or cat litter for the litter pan because it would just get everywhere plus I know it can be harmful to him. Any advice? Or is this pretty normal behavior that I should just deal with? Its not a big problem, just kinda annoying haha
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I use a 2x8 inch solid brick/landscaping stone to hold down the paper towels in Gambits litter pan. He likes to eat litter :shock: :roll: so we can't use it and without the brick he'd be snuggled in his cooler house with a urine soaked paper towel each morning. :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts