Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at first Kiwi was fine with paper towel being used as her litter liner, now she seems to like pulling it into her igloo to use as bedding instead of using it to do her business :( Should I try something like carefresh for the litter? Any way I can stop her from dragging the paper towel into her igloo? I have fleece strips cut up for her, which she uses, but she still drags around the paper towel.

· Premium Member
12,071 Posts
Would she leave the litter towel be if you offer her a different piece of paper towel to drag around? I've heard of other hedgehogs enjoying paper towel bedding too...and some of them didn't care if they'd already used it for the intended purpose. :lol: If she keeps dragging it around even with another one specifically for bedding, Carefresh would be a good option to try. Just make sure she doesn't try to eat it if you try it, just in case. Not all hedgies do, but some thing it's tasty.

· Registered
51 Posts
Stella used to do the same thing! I had her whole cage lined with fleece and a paper towel under the wheel. She started taking it into her igloo. It made me a little nervous-I didn't want her accidentally swallowing the paper. I switched to having her sleep/eat area lined with fleece and the wheel/bathroom has carefresh. I also find that the carefresh controls the odor much better than the towels did. Again, just make sure your hog doesn't try to eat the carefresh and that it doesn't dry their skin out! Hope that helps!

· Registered
293 Posts
Would she leave the litter towel be if you offer her a different piece of paper towel to drag around? I've heard of other hedgehogs enjoying paper towel bedding too...and some of them didn't care if they'd already used it for the intended purpose. :lol: If she keeps dragging it around even with another one specifically for bedding, Carefresh would be a good option to try. Just make sure she doesn't try to eat it if you try it, just in case. Not all hedgies do, but some thing it's tasty.
I use paper towel under bells wheel too, she doesn't care if she just finished doing her business she will try dragging it in her tonnel its funny to watch. I'm gonna try your idea and see if that helps. she also likes moving her tonnel around at night lol:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.