Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hey pplz, i notice how everyones talking about the 'oh so cool' hedgie bag, and i want to know where i could get one. i remember finding it on a website somewhere, but i have a pretty suckish memory, so... yeah. oh, and i want like the lil pouch tent lookin ones, not like a literal bag. thanks!!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Nancy sells some very nice hedgie accessories, I would recommend her.

The tents that you are interested in, do you mean like this?
http://inkyhedgie.webs.com/apps/photos/ ... id=2819663

They are cute and cozy, but let me warn you that it can be very difficult to get your hedgie out of, especially if your hedgie balls up at all. Also, you would still need a regular hedgie bag or blankie in the tent.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I made my own out of large throw pillows I was no longer using. They are fleecy/plush material so I flipped that to the inside for them and cleaned up the outside so no loose strings/ragged edges. (removed all batting as who knows where it came from) They are too big, though, so this weekend I am going to cut them down about 1/2 that size, maybe will be able to make two bags from each one. I thought bigger would be better as lots to snuggle in but they don't seem to like pushing to get in them. Once I put them in they snuggle right down. So I am thinking less material it wont be as heavy to root into.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got my hedgie bags, hats and liners from Nancy, they are really nice quality and both my hedgies love them! They love the hedgie bags and hats and are always in them :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Her website says she is not taking orders. Has this changed and website just needs updated?

Adorable stuff, Nancy!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I emailed Nancy a few days ago about buying the whole package deal but she said she wouldn't be sewing for a little bit.

Are there any other sites/people any of you would recommend to get them from? I can hold off from the liners but I need a few extra bags and hats around.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Oh yes, I think Nancy is preoccupied for a while. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

Other places that make ferret/sugar glider bedding, can easily make some basic hedgie bedding also. People who have small businesses like that are common, and usually more than happy to take custom orders. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts