Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my hedgehog a new wheel because her old one broke. It was a saucer wheel. Now i use a 30 dollar wheel i got at a pet store. This one is a regular wheel, and shes not used to that. She won't run on it hand hasnt exercised at all in 2-4 days. I took her out of her cage yesterday and she was running all over but today she just stood still. Both of the wheels i bought have little lines going across to help them run on it, so it doesn't have to do with how slippery it is. I tried pulling a Pavlov and closed her off from leaving the wheel until she started running, then i gave her a mealworm. This worked for one night but she hasn't been cooperative since. This is my first time having a pet. I've had her for less than a month and she is around 10-11 months old.

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,232 Posts
When you have her out during the play time keep sitting her on it and then eventually start rocking it, this is what I did to Holly. I also put insects on the wheel to encourage her over and try. Eventually she got there and loves it. It takes them a few tries.
In the meant time make up some forage trays to keep her active at least through bonding/play time it will also help will with her not gaining too much weight

1 - 2 of 2 Posts