Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, is there something that you hedgie would FLIP over as far as food goes?

I thought that mealies would be the IT thing because my first hedgie would go to the end of the earth for his mealies, but with my new guy, its different.. He eats his mealies every day, but he doesnt get enthused. I tried to see if he would dig for them like my Simon did, and he wasnt interested, and he wont even eat them if they are out of his reach (LAZY BOY!)

I was just wondering is there something else that I can try with him?? what about some boiled meat? No seasoning of coarse. I used to feed that to my sugar gliders who are also mostly insectivores, but sugar gliders also ate eggs or VERY small baby birds.. What about eggs? I also used to feed mine plain scrambled eggs (no butter, seasoning ect)

ANY suggestions?? I had some Salmon oil on my hands one time when i picked him up (I give it to my cats and dog as a suppliment) and he seemed interested in that smell.. I just dont know..

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Have you tried scrambled eggs? Mine loves them. One of the few things he'll eat with people watching, actually.

You might have luck with different kinds of meats, or wet cat food. Baby food isn't really a hit here, but you could try it as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good. i wanted to make sure that those were safe before i started feeding him that. I know not to give baby food with ONION POWEDER as that can cause some severe anemia and damage..

I have lots of that stuff lying around, my cats are spoiled, so they get eggs often, and i keep an emergency supply of wet baby food around incase someone gets sick and its all they will eat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts