Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just laying in bed and then I look up because I hear Mia come out and start eating and drinking then she walks over to the front of her cage sits there scratches herself and then threw up!!!!

Graphic picture but here is what it looks like!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
What is that red blob? If she threw that up, I would HIGHLY suggest taking her to the vet as soon as possible. Meanwhile, make sure her food is soft, not getting stuck in her throat, and that she is still eating and drinking. I'm no expert, but hopefully, someone more experienced will come on here as well!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is that red blob? If she threw that up, I would HIGHLY suggest taking her to the vet as soon as possible. Meanwhile, make sure her food is soft, not getting stuck in her throat, and that she is still eating and drinking. I'm no expert, but hopefully, someone more experienced will come on here as well!
No she did throw that up its dried fruit. She's not throwing up anymore but I got nervous cuz this is my first time having a hedgehog I'm assuming maybe something got stuck in her throat but she's doing fine she hasn't thrown up after that.

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly with me but huffy with others.
2,011 Posts
The dried fruit doesn't looked chewed up enough she probably struggled with it and then it got stuck.
When things don't get chewed enough/eat to fast stuff like that, to protect the bodies digestive tract, they have natural regurgitation, basically they will throw up what they just ate to get rid of it.

She will be fine, keep an eye on her but considering how fast it was after she ate it that it came put then its likely just the natural regurgitation working to protect the body.

She will be fine, but I suggest not feeding dried fruits again. She obviously can't chew it up since its come out pretty much whole.

Not a vet, but have done a course on pet nutrition and all this was covered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts