Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a female hedgehog her name is Spot! I Believe That she is six months old! I got her from a pet store but she had no wheel. I don’t know if that has anything to do with this but yeah. Anyway she is up all day, and when she is sleeping she is ether next to her wheel on her wheel or next to her water bottle. A nother thing I have noticed is when I cheek on her food, it still has the same amount as last time I checked. I know I should be worried about the food. But I am not sure if I should be worried about the sleeping.
Sorry if there is any bad grammar I am dyslexic so yeah. Thank you for reading this! Have a good day!

·
Registered
My hedgehog is called Hoggle
51 Posts
Hi! I have a female hedgehog her name is Spot! I Believe That she is six months old! I got her from a pet store but she had no wheel. I don’t know if that has anything to do with this but yeah. Anyway she is up all day, and when she is sleeping she is ether next to her wheel on her wheel or next to her water bottle. A nother thing I have noticed is when I cheek on her food, it still has the same amount as last time I checked. I know I should be worried about the food. But I am not sure if I should be worried about the sleeping.
Sorry if there is any bad grammar I am dyslexic so yeah. Thank you for reading this! Have a good day!
Hedgehogs are supposed to sleep during the day and be up and about at night.
If they're awake during the day, it can be that they not feeling well and need a vet visit to check for illness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sa
Hi, hedgy are known for not eating under stress, and a new home is stresfull for them. Try to be patient. Feed her the same food like they feed her in the store, even if is not the best. Be sure she has water. She muat have a wheel. She will enjoy exercising and ahe will poop only in that area. My hedgy slept under bedding and I have her bed dor a month in her cage before she got used with. So my advise is to do all the changes gradualy, to make her feel less stress out. Try in the beginning the same setting like in the store.
I have my 2 years old hedgy for 9 months and I still put 2 kinds of food in her cage.The old one and the new one. And try Weruva, pate wet food for cats chicken breast. My hedgy love it and she started connecting with me, eating from my hands. And let your hedgy know your smell by letting her walking on you. Good luck. Hope she starts eating soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts