Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up and my hedgehog was 3/4 out of his cage, but he couldn’t squeeze his hip through, and he was just dangling there. He wasn’t struggling, he was so still I thought he had died. I finally managed to free him, and he seemed to move fine (I saw all his legs crawl while he was walking, so hopefully no breaks). I put him back in his cage and fixed the issue that caused this. As of now he’s alive, but probably tired and in shock. I’m wondering how I can minimize shock- I’m not sure how long he was like that, and he was hanging upside down, and I did see he must’ve broken a nail or something because one of his toes was a bit bloody. As of now, he is sleeping (it’s 8am where I am). Should I be checking him for injuries right now, or should I let him rest until tonight and see how he acts? I know there is still a chance he could die. If he has any visible serious injuries when I check him out, I will of course take him to a vet but I don’t want to stress him out by handling/transporting him if I don’t have to. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts