Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
First time poster, really made this because I have no idea what to do. My hedgehog fell out of my hands at about table height and landed on its back. She was hissing a lot what seemed to be in pain. While she was in a ball she kept kicking her leg but couldn't fully conceal/ pull it in. She settled down after a half hour and seems to not be in pain but still can't move the back legs. I am worried she is paralyzed or something and I cannot cover the bills to get her help. My main question is there any place that can help with bills for hedgehogs. Also should I wait a day or 2 or seek immediate help?
Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
You need to get to the vet as soon as possible if you're not already there. Definitely don't wait. If you really can't possibly pay for veterinary care then you will likely need to give your hedgehog to some kind of rescue organization in your area that can.

It is not fair to your hedgehog if you don't find a way to get her the care she needs.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you can't pay for vet bills, you shouldn't have a hedgehog. Sorry if it sounds harsh but it's true. Hedgehogs are prone to many health issues so the fact you got her knowing you wouldn't be able to provide for her is wrong. Contact the Hedgehog Welfare Society.

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
The Hedgehog Welfare Society will take your hedgehog and get her vet care and do whatever is best for her to help her. They then will find her a good home that will be able to afford to care for her. They are very good people and have a network of vets that help them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will Contact Rescue

At the time I had gotten her I had good income, but unfortunately have lost my job and now am in some debt. I will contact a rescue organization since I unfortunately don't have a way to pay, and see what they can do. I didn't want to giver her away, but if that is what's best then I will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts