Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 6 month old female rescue hedgehog 2 days ago and they told me she was very social and friendly, but she has been very aggressive, constantly trying to escape her cage and hiding, not eating a lot, laboured breathing and doesn't unball when she's being held. The rescuers told me she has gotten huge in the past month but i just thought it was cause she is young, but she is 2 times the size of my 5 month old boy and i know she was around other hedgies before she was taken by the rescue. Are these all signs of labour or could they just be because she's young and in a new home? If she is in labour i know i need to make sure he cage is clean with lots of food and water, keep her warm, and don't go near or go in her cage if i hear or see babies for minimum a week. If there is anything else i should do please let me know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try feeding her kitten food, remove her wheel and mostly let nature take its course. Make sure she has a nesting box. You should hear tiny squeaks and then you will know that the babies have been born. If she does have babies make sure she has plenty of treats like egg, mealies and mince. Goodluck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts