Hedgehog Central banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Great information. I will go look at it and check the doors, locks and make sure all the bars and wires are intact.
If it is filthy.. I probably will not get it.
If it is clean I will reclean it. What should I clean it with..Ivory liquid. Should I disinfect it since another animal has use it?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
That's great that you will reclean it! Even if it is filthy, you can still soak the bottom tub part with water for a couple days and then rinse it out and scrub it down with a solution of 50% vinegar and 50% water.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for sharing all of your experience with me and Gia. Very much appreciated.

Next thread will be on how to stop the little darling from biting me and breaking the skin when I am holding my had flat...Grrr

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
You are so welcome for everything, I'm just glad you are so willing to change a lot of your setup to make her happy and healthy! :mrgreen:

I'm sure there will be many people, including me, eager to help you with all of your new threads. :D
P.S.: Welcome to HHC!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Terry said:
Next thread will be on how to stop the little darling from biting me and breaking the skin when I am holding my had flat...Grrr
Do you have anything with a particularly strong scent on your hands when you hold her? If a hedgehog smells something it likes, it is likely to bite because it likes the scent.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It's recommended to wash your hands with nonscented soap before you touch your hedgie.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Another great idea. I always use scented everything...what can I say.. a girlie girl. I will buy some unscented soap tonight. Glad to know I smell delicious to my little hedgie. lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
:lol: I know what you mean about scented everything, I love fruity smells!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts