Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hedgehog had a bloody scab on her neck and it was healing and it was almost gone. Today i go to pick her up and i notice the big scab is back and that she has the same thing but smaller under her chin. it look like a little cut. i check her cage and theres no blood anywear and theres noting she could cut herself on. could any one tell me what wrong with my hedgehog.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Is she overweight? I've had a couple of the bigger ones get a rash in the folds around their neck. I think what happens is the area gets a bit damp. Then they start to scratch and bug at it which makes it worse.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Could it be some sort of allergy reaction as well?
(just randomly putting ideas out there :lol: )

Has there been any changes to her environment from when you got her? Maybe she's allergic to the food/bedding?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Along the allergy line, not sure if this can happen with hedgehog's but my cat developed an allergy to something in his food and chewed his tail to the bone. Maybe this allergy is making your hedgehog scratch either as a tick or because of itchiness.

The similest answer is probably the correct one though (as Spock would say) so hedgiepets is probably right about the mites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts