Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Bean is a 1 year old apricot hedgehog. I've had her for about 10 months. She is very picky.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl did this before but it's been a while. She is sleeping squished under her wheel and under her pee pads. What can I do?

·
Registered
Cassie is ten months old, weighs 496 grams and her favorite food is cat food!
55 Posts
Unless it seems to be hurting or suffocating her, she’ll probably be fine!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Trust me, there's very little you could do about this behavior. If they decide that's where they want to sleep, that's where they're going to sleep. All you can do is try to make a more appealing spot and hopefully she'll start sleeping there. But if that doesn't work, it's really not hurting her or anything else to sleep there or be a little dirty.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, there's really not much you can do. Offer her some various hiding places and see if she likes one of them better, but be prepared that she might not like any of them. I've rotated out various hiding places for my boy in the past year and a half, and he hasn't used any of them and keeps burying under his cage liners. So it's normal. :)

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
557 Posts
I would recommend blocking it off with some rocks or something. Put something heavy over the pee pad. This can be untrained, I've done this before with certain behaviors. Just make it inaccessible for her for a while and she will sleep somewhere else. you can put something under the wheel so she can't fit or fix the pee pads to the floor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts