Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what to feed my hedgehog. Please no messages saying to look at reaper's list I already saw it and cant make sense of it. I just need to know what kind of cat food to feed an African Pygmy Hedgehog I am talking about brand names and if it is wet or dry. I have heard that you need to mix two cat chows together and I have no idea what that means so if anyone can explain it please do.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
If you can't understand reaper's thread, I'm not sure if you'll understand this post, but here goes...

Reaper's list is exactly what you are asking for: it is a list of exactly what brands and formulas are suitable to feed pet African hedgehogs. They are dry foods, and if you looked up what was on the list it would be easy to see that it is kibble and not canned/wet food.

Mixing two foods is mixing two foods: You buy two good foods, and mix them together. One part food #1, one part food #2. Half and half. If you wanted you could do different proportions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I only buy dry food or do I but dry food then wet and mix the dry and wet together or just hard food and a different hard food together?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Commonly, people by 2-3 different brands of food off of Reaper's list(have you tried opening the files? The files list the different brands of cat food that is acceptable for hedgehogs), and they buy all DRY kibble.

WET is an option to buy, but it mostly fed as a TREAT, or fed in a SEPARATE dish, as wet food goes back quickly, especially in the warmer climate of our hedgehogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts