Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mom was watching her while I went to go get the soap (I was about to give her a bath) but she wasn't paying attention and my poor hedgie fell off of the kitchen counter! She landed on her feet, it appeared so, my mom says. She is not limping or acting any differently. I went ahead and gave her a bath, because I hadn't had time last weekend (I usually give her one about once a month) so she really needed one. She is acting no differently, she is always a bit more energetic after a bath, I think seh feels refreshed.

But I am worried sick! I read some stories about hedgies that fell and died a few weeks later of internal injuries that the doctor couldn't detect! Please answer, I'm so worried!

Should I take her to the vet? Because now I'm worried they wouldn't even be able to identify that there is something wrong!

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a long fall, on to hard floor (I'm assuming). It's even more concerning that she landed on her feet or stomach. I'd take her in, personally. Another member just had her hedgehog fall a shorter distance & he was able to hide his injury for an entire week - http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/11-health/83154-reminder-about-injuries.html
Thank you, I was not sure whether to take her in and wanted a second opinion. I will be taking her to the vet later today. :)

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Understandable. :) It can be hard to decide whether it's necessary when they're not showing signs of anything wrong. I just wish they weren't so GOOD at hiding bad things! Good luck with the visit and I hope you guys get an all-clear! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.