Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a bit of help/advice/creative ideas.

Right now I have two hogs in a double unit ferret nation cage.
They each have one 8.5 inch dome CHE setup in there, then I have a space heater.

I'd like to get rid of the space heater and use only CHE, so my family and I can feel a bit safer when we leave the house.

It's going to cost about $100+ to get another setup, I'd get a 10 inch dome and CHE at about 150 watts for each of them... But since I have the ferret nation cage I've been told it might be difficult to keep them at the appropriate temp...

Any ideas on what I can do that will cost not a whole lot and be ""fairly"" simple.. Though I'm willing to try anything.

My dad has already suggested building a brick "barrier" in the back and sides but I see that be kinda complicated. He also suggested making some walls out of dry wall and insulation.

Be creative! Any ideas or advice will help! I really want to figure out something so I can get rid of this fire hazard space heater!

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think that'll hold the heat in properly??

Chloroplast might work, not sure about a shower curtain, but I could always try it!

Like I said I am open to anything, any ideas and multiple ideas are much welcomed!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You can add see-through plastic to the sides and back to keep in the heat while there's still some light coming in.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would try something cheaper then chloroplast first. if you have a small room or a small area in a room try putting the cage there, it works well for me. I live in a basement apartment, and it can get cold down here. maybe this will help a bit, that and some sort of plastic or barrier around would probably do the trick. I really hope this helps you!:grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts