Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I know this isn't any veterinarian listings, but I am sure this would be the right category to post this thread in.

So my mum said before we get a hedgehog she wants me to know what it is like to look after one so I was wondering if anyone knew any hedgehog hospitals I could volunteer in. I live in Wakefield, England so please reply if you know any.

Thanks so much in advance for replying.

hufflepuff hedgehog

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,123 Posts
I dont believe there are any hedgehog hospitals in England, well theres hedgehog recsue centres but none of them would let you handle the hedgehogs.
Theres a pgymy hedgehog UK group on facebook try asking there they will know more about somewhere you could go to handle one.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I dont believe there are any hedgehog hospitals in England, well theres hedgehog recsue centres but none of them would let you handle the hedgehogs.
Theres a pgymy hedgehog UK group on facebook try asking there they will know more about somewhere you could go to handle one.
Why wouldn't they let you handle the hedgehogs? You can't volunteer at a rescue centre without handling hedgehogs.

England has lots of rescue centres, I would just look online for your local area and make some calls. Be aware though that often the people working in or running the rescue centres aren't very positive towards keeping hedgehogs in captivity including APH.

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,123 Posts
I actually dont know why. But I asked if I could volunteer and handle hedgehogs and they said no.
Something to do with not having the right things I dont know. It was a while ago.
You can try though your rescue centres may be nicer.

I know there are aph shows in England though, but the main source of finding out the information of these is facebook (I believe) and they let people handle their hedgehogs at times, obviously not too much due to stress and they like to sleep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts