Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,, my name is mandy and i am new to owning a hedgehog,, i have my set up and i will be getting my little hog next week,, i have been sorting out heating and my tempreture for the cage has been a steady 68f,, after looking in a number of places i see the best temp is 70f!!
so i will be investing ina heat lamp as my cage is a zoozone,, am i doing the right thing,,thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
for most hedgies even 70 degrees is too low. most hedgies thrive closer to 73-76. i personally try to maintain my hedgies area at a full 75-78 degrees by the use of a small space heater that i aim directly at his cage, about a foot away from his cage.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
If you use a reptile heat mat, it will warp or melt the plastic. A human heating pad set on low is just fine and both my Peaches and Cinder lived with a heating pad in their cage for the last years of their lives.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
found this on ebay!! would it be any good??

'' A 21cmx21cm reptile heating pad 6W.''

or would this be better????

''Heat Pad
Electric Back & Abdomen Heat Pad
Ideal for: Arthritis, Frozen Shoulder, Gardening Aches and Strains, Lumbago, Muscle Strain, Neuralgia, Period Pains, Pulled Muscles, Rheumatism , Sports Injuries, Stiff Neck and Tension.
Eases body aches, pains and tension
3 Heat settings.
Automatic 90 Minute Timer''

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.