Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
Koko,

I have used plastic bins since I've had hedgehogs. For me I use an oil filled radiator style space heater (I typically buy the Delonghi brand). I prefer this type as they heat really well but do not get so hot that they will burn you if you bump into them. Plus they will click on and off to regulate the amount of heat they are producing. I keep the room the hedgehogs are in during the winter and allow the rest of the house to remain at a much lower temperature. It has worked very well for me over the years.

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
Koko,

I'm using Delonghi's with a dial and not one of their digitals. I tried a digital last year and just didn't like it. The one I had wouldn't reset itself if the power went out, and for me that was unacceptable.

I've looked at some of the ceramics. And honestly I can't say anything bad about them as I simply haven't tried one. Thought about buying one a couple of times, but I couldn't justify spending $$ on something that I already had and was working fine. I have heard nice things about some of the ceramic heaters though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.