Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little boy is 7 months old. Around the end of August he threw up some green vomit so I took him to the vet. After a day on vomit med and clean x-rays we were good to go. About 3 weeks later he vomited again, same green stuff, looked like mashed peas. Added good bacteria to his diet, changed his food, and made sure he had no access to carpet fuzz. Two weeks later, more vomit.After blood work, we found his liver count was high but still nothing odd in x-rays. Then less than a week later he got sick 2 times in one day so we made a trip to the ER vet. The ER vet put him on a parasite/liver medicine and no vomiting since then. I took him back last week to get his blood rechecked, his liver count is higher and it showed some dehydration. His activity level has increased. His poop schedule is more regular and his behavior hasn't changed. We will return to the vet on Thursday for an x-ray to see if his liver has grown in size and discuss putting him on liver medicine. He is really young to have fatty liver or cancer. His weight has decreased some but he still eats two times a day, some days more than others which is pretty normal.

Anyone experience something similar? Any suggestions or advice?
Thanks!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Add Wellness Indoor Health Formula dry cat food to his mix. I cannot say enough good things about it. It contains so many pro-biotic/pre-biotics, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals as well as digestive enzymes. I have my girls on it and almost any hedgie suffering from illness or disease would benefit from it. I have had no experience with fatty liver disease thankfully and I am sure there are members who have and can post to that. I hope the little guy gets better soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is eating a mix of Spikes Delight, Mink Gro Fur (or something like that), and Blue Buffalo cat food. For treats, meal worms, apples, or watermelon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wanted to thank you for your thoughts and concern. The x-rays show that his liver is smaller than it should be so it is working too hard causing the green vomit every few weeks. He is now on a liver support med and should be on his way back to his happy self!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts