Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else suffer with really bad health anxiety revolving their hedgehogs? My previous pet passed away very suddenly in my arms and it has caused me to spiral with my new hedgehogs. Ive had them for about a year and been to the vet many of times, and spent probably around $1000, and only one of those times was the vet actually needed/ found anything wrong with my hedgehogs. I get so embarrassed every time I go in there, even though they are so sweet every time. I will research for hours and convince myself they have prolapse or a mouth tumor because of a red vulva or they are eating a bit less. I have even worked myself up so much, including tonight, to the point where im ready to throw up. Does anyone have any tips on how to combat this? I dont know how common this is haha I feel pretty silly posting it

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
636 Posts
I used to deal with this kind of stress a lot. I think it is important to know that hedgehogs are hearty animals. IF you do everything right, they may still get injured, but they will most likely be okay. Just remember that your previous hedgehog's problems do not carry over to your new hedgehogs. I have had to remind myself that they are different animals and that the new ones are ok, and just try to not think about the old one and what was wrong with it because you will get stressed out. Does that help at all?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.