Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guyss!

I'm fairly new here, and I just realized I haven't formally signed the guestbook!

So I live on Long Island, NY where it is about 16 degrees...and
were expected to get a foot of snow tomorrow. UGH
Definitely gonna have to bump up the heat for that...

I have a 3 month old baby girl at home named Lucy (a.k.a Lu Lu)
She eats like a horse and keeps me up all night, but I still adore her!

I've noticed not many New Yorkers on here, it was even harder to find
a good breeder close by...(I had to drive a ways)

Feeling kind of isolated here! Any local people out there? haha

But anyways, just wanted to say hello.
Here are a few pictures...
There are more in my post on "Fun Stuff" titled "Pix of my new baby, Lucy"

She's spoiled rotten!
My boyfriend is starting to get jealous,
that she's getting her dinner before him now.
He's gonna need to deal with that. haha
Enjoy!

[attachment=2:2a61muos]lucy.jpg[/attachment:2a61muos]

[attachment=1:2a61muos]lucyy.jpg[/attachment:2a61muos]

[attachment=0:2a61muos]lucy 3.jpg[/attachment:2a61muos]

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi there!
Well she is just beautiful!!! :D

I actually went through a simliar problem getting my hedgie because I'm in South Jersey, just outside Philly (and in PA hedgies are illegal), but I had to drive up to just outside NYC to get my little girl since there are no local breeders that I've found. I think for you it is similar because you are right by the 5 boroughs of NYC where hedgies are illegal. Actually I think part of LI is considered Queens and another part is considered Brooklyn (??) so just be careful that you don't run into any legal problems with your baby! I'm pretty sure most of Long Island is okay though.

Stay warm~ I'm preparing for the snow myself...I actually have our company Christmas party to attend tomorrow night, so this should be interesting with this weather! :lol:

Nice meeting you and Lu Lu!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Congratulations, Lulu is adorable :) Im originally from WNY! I live down south now, big difference in temperatures and I can definately relate to the cold and snow lol. Welcome HHC :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mel2626 said:
Hi there!
Well she is just beautiful!!! :D

I actually went through a simliar problem getting my hedgie because I'm in South Jersey, just outside Philly (and in PA hedgies are illegal), but I had to drive up to just outside NYC to get my little girl since there are no local breeders that I've found. I think for you it is similar because you are right by the 5 boroughs of NYC where hedgies are illegal. Actually I think part of LI is considered Queens and another part is considered Brooklyn (??) so just be careful that you don't run into any legal problems with your baby! I'm pretty sure most of Long Island is okay though.

Stay warm~ I'm preparing for the snow myself...I actually have our company Christmas party to attend tomorrow night, so this should be interesting with this weather! :lol:

Nice meeting you and Lu Lu!
Thank you!! =] You too

Yeah, personally I stay away from the city. Not a NYC fan what so ever. I'm pretty comfy in the burbs.

And actually I found a pretty good breeder east of the city, out towards Montauk. So I luckily avoided passing through the city.

We are in the middle of one heck of a blizzard as we speak.
I'm completely snowed in, which I knew would happen.
So I stocked up on mealies a few days ago. haha

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats on Lulu and welcome to HHC!

-Amanda

1 - 7 of 7 Posts