Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I got my first hedgie 3 days ago. She is around 2 months old. I did my research before, but I still just want to ask your opinions as well. Since the first day (we saw first poop all around the travel box) she is pooping and peeing all around when she is out and when she is in cage she poops where she sleeps and once we even had to clean it from food bowl. The poop is big and has greenish colour and it is also less solid than it should be.
I might say she eats well. We are giving her the same what the breeder fed her (a specific kind of cat food). We also gave her worms but she is not interested at all. Today we tried banana and a hard boiled egg, again no interest.
I have two suspicions. One can be stress, because she is in a new environment and I read sometimes they can be afraid of going out and pooping there(even tho she is super nice mostly, let me to pet her, not turning into a ball etc.). Other suggestion is some stomach infection.
We will take her to a vet this week but I am still worried a lot about her.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah stress is most likely the cause as shes in a new environment, my boy did that too when I first got him.

A vet visit is always good when you get a new hedgie but stress is probably the reason and it will hopefully die down once she gets used to her new home:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts