Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I finally got my hedgehog!!! I've had him for three days now and he is about 6 weeks old and super friendly. He is eating well and running on his wheel each night, and sleeping A LOT. He seems to be quilling so I got some flax seed oil for his skin but I went a bought the oil instead of the capsules so can anyone tell me how much I should be putting in his food? How much would you say is in one capsule..like 1/4 tps or something? I am also having a really hard time not disturbing him during the day lol cause he's just so cute I want to play with him all the time:) So I'm just wondering because he does sleep soo much is it okay to wake him up in the evening to play (8:00ish)or should I be waiting for him to get up on his own? And lets say for example right now its 5:00pm would it be selfish of me to scoop him up and put him on my lap to sleep while I play on the computer? or would that just be an unecissary disprution?

·
Registered
581 Posts
it is a GREAT idea to let him sleep on you in a blankie or snuggle sack. He will get used to your scent that way. Just dont force him to stay awake and play. We usually get Dora out a8-9pm for an hour of snuggle time.

·
Registered
581 Posts
and be careful with the flax seed oil, it goes bad really quickly. that is why most of us use the capsules, they stay good longer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya I read that about the capsules after I got the oil I will definatly be getten them next time :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts