Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i just gave my hedgie a bath... i've recently discovered [thanks to some fellow members on here] that Buckley is at his 8-12 week quilling. after the bath, i wrapped him up in a towel to dry him off and as i was taking him out to put him in another towel [for warmth] i saw that he pooped on the first towel....

the poop looked like a blob of green food dye. it's thick/gooey and dark/forest green. i've monitored his poop since i got him [about two weeks ago] and it hasn't been like that at all until this incident.

have you ever seen this? what could it mean?
thanks so much.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
It sounds like something similiar I've seen with my hedgie. When I was trying to incorportate a new food a few weeks back it must have upset his stomach because he had green in his poop and slightly gooey. Some hedgies will do this when stressed or a change occurs too. Id keep an eye on it and if its normal after the next couple poops it could be from this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, thanks. yeah... he's been significantly grumpier because of his quilling and he could just be stressing because of that or whatever.
i haven't given him any new treats or food so if anything it'd be stress.
i'll keep watch.

thank you. :]

·
Registered
754 Posts
Quilling and a bath can cause a little green poo. If it continues more than a day or 2, call the vet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts