Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Everyone keeps telling me I should change Emily's name to Sonic. They don't understand she is a female. xD
If I had a male hedgie I'd go for Jax. Or perhaps Dozer. But that's just me. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
I named my girl after a Sith lord from Star Wars novels, haha. But mostly because she was an awesome person (aside from being evil :lol:) and the name is pretty. I generally take names from books, video games, shows, movies, etc that I like and then see how some of them fit until I find the perfect one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dunno how to explain it it Emily got her name because she.. Felt like an Emily. xD It just seemed right when I called her Emily for the first time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I met a Quillson once, very cute name.

Still not sure what I'll name my little bundle of spines.
But pun names are fun.

·
Registered
912 Posts
The very best hedgehog name is the one that you feel is right. The one your hedgie responds to.

It's not the one that other people say it is. It's not the one that sounds cool or has a neat spelling or reminds you of a character in some book or movie or whatever.

The best name is the one that suits the little bundle of quills you hold in your hands. If that name so happens to be "Thor," then "Thor" it is. Even if it turns out that your hedgie responds best to "Prettyprettypumpernickelsnoot," then that's his name... Though, I'll admit, I'd probably ask him if he's okay with me using a nickname ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have to agree- I had a different name picked out before bringing my Hedgie home. She was going to be Kokanee- Annie for short. When we brought her home it just didn't fit. We were a little at a loss... we were so settled that we hadn't thought of others. We asked friends for suggestions, and when a friend said "Harper" it just suit her!

I might have a few in mind, but wait until you meet your baby before becoming too committed :)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I don't even have names in mind when I get a pet, I always name my animals when I get them since I name them for their character and looks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
One time I heard of a hedgehog named Figment. I thought that was an awesome name. Another one was named Poke-a-hontas, which I thought was clever too! I don't know why I ended up naming my new hedgehog Daisy...it just fit, but I usually call her Stinkable or Stink Pot! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Layla's an algerian hedgehog, and her name means "dark as night" in agerian :) I named her before i saw her, expecting to get a dark chocolate hedgie, opps!
but anyways, search diffrent phrases or good hedgie names for whatever breed of hedgehog you're planning on getting :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
These aren't the best names but from my current novel (i love the series)
Girl: Cassia ,Lei , Dalton, Indie
Boy: Ky, Xander, Caleb, Eli
My favorite book names are
Minnie and Hazel

·
Registered
7 Posts
My little boys name is Romeo since he is such a hit with the ladies. I think it fits him pretty well too since he loves to explore and get into trouble.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts