Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sonny is about 3 months ish old now. And his fur isn't really filling out, its still very light and you can see how pink he is under the fur, its kinda cute hehe. Also, the fur is very..I wouldn't say "matted" but its not fluffy. My guess is because he is still rather young, but when will it fill out?
An other thing that has been strange about his fur is there is one spot on his right shoulder area that has less fur than anywhere else. He has been scratching at it a lot, and I am kind of letting that pass because I understand he is going through quilling and such. But he scratched a lot and now he has a little scab on it, and its red. I did one of those "home skin scraping test" [with the black paper and dull end of a knife] and no signs of mites or whatever popped up. So I am confused as to what that may be.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The fur should grow in as he gets older as for the scratching I would say it could be dry skin or a food allergy give him a bath and put flax seed oil on his back if that does not work I would take him to a vet even small scratches can get infected you could try to put some bag balm on it to help it heal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts