Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodness! Where to start?!
In February this year I bought a little hedgie for my daughters 9th birthday. A month later my daughter developed a nasty rash on the palm of one hand. The doctor treated her for eczema. She has since developed two oval patches on her leg. The doctor is now treating it as a fungal infection which we suspect she has caught from Binkle ( our hedgehog). Binkle is in great health and shows no signs of any skin problems though. Would he not have some sores too? Come to think of it, why haven't I caught it from him?
I have seen on this forum previously that it's safe to treat him with imaverol. Has anybody tried this and if so what would the dosage be?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It's best to get him looked at by a vet. If he's not showing any signs he may not have a problem and you don't want to treat him unnecessarily. And if he does have a problem, you want to make sure he's treated with the correct medication.

Did the doctor say what kind of fungal infection your daughter had, like ringworm?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Fungal infections such as ringworm to use as an example, are very easily spread. Yes she could have caught it from Binkle, but he should be showing symptoms as well. She could also have caught it from the kid she sits beside in school, or someone she plays with at recess, or the neighbours dog, or, or, or.

Don't treat Binkle without a diagnoses and if he does have it, then the vet will prescribe what to treat him with. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts