Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many freeze-dried mealworms can I give to my hedgehog each day? They are the Fluker's Freeze-Dried Mealworms

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! I can give a decent response to this. From what I've heard, freeze-dried mealworms are okayish for hedgehogs, but live ones are always better and more recommended. If you must give freeze-dried though, I'm not really sure how many, since I only feed my girl live ones. Maybe 2-3?

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been giving her a few a day a few times a week. Does anyone else have any advice? She seems to gobble them up but I don't want to give her too many. She still ats and gets normal food as well.

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,103 Posts
Mealworms live or dried or freeze-dried are generally not that great they are treat insects only and should be treated that way. Non of them actually have nutritional benefits.

The biggest problem with dried and freeze-dried is that too many can cause blockages. 2-3 dried ones like 3 times a week should be okay and cause no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts