Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted about fleas and talked to a vet and he recommended Revolution and I did as the vet told me to (there is another post about it)

Im just worried sick about him.. he has never been a bitter and all of the sudden i get bit while trying to give him water, or clean up any poop in his container..Any time my skin is near him he bites..
I guess im just worried sick about my boy.. im really new to the hedgehog

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do you wash your hands before coming into contact with him? If not there could be something yummy that he is smelling on you.
Or if you do wash your hands, have you changed soaps? He might find the new soap yummy as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wash my hands and I haven't changed soaps (those were my first thoughts as i read the forum here but I always wash my hands with bath and body works vanilla)
He didnt run on his wheel last night either, but did eat and drink normaly

·
Registered
180 Posts
I use hand sanitizer before handling my little guy and we always use the same hand soap to prevent those little nips.. anything with scent is usually a nip and annoiting afterwards...

Scott.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is doing better now.. and I havn't even had a chance to change hand washes..

He did have flea issues, and has been treated wih revolution. and given fleece liners ...

still pretty grumpy.. but not bitting anymore.. So I think he may have been trying to tell me that he wasnt feeling well and somthing was wrong..

I look forward to getting out of here and back to our home.. (we are visiting my parents due to family emergency)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hyde is doing much better.. and It helps that I am back at my place.. not at my parents... he is back to normal almost... still a bit grumpy with me.. but getting better and back to being the loving hedgy he was before

Tonight I had to give him a bath... and he did really well and even let me clip his nails without complaining ^_^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts