Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a particular ratio you should have for the different foods in your mix? I'm currently switching Lily from Spike's Delight to cat food, right now we're working on the first one. The two brands I have for her right now are Wellness Indoor Health and Chicken Soup Senior Diet. I saw someone else post that they have specific ratios of their foods, and have more of one than of the other two in. I had just been planning to work her up to equal amounts of each of the three foods (Spike's, Wellness, and Chicken Soup) until the Spike's started to run out, then slowly remove that one and change to equal amounts of just the cat food. Would this be alright?

Oh, I was also planning to add GrapeNuts to her food after getting her settled on the two new cat foods. For those of you that put GrapeNuts in for fiber, how much do you put in, in comparison to their normal food?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would love to know this as well...

About a week ago (right after we got Eva home) I started mixing chicken soup for the cat lover's soul (adult cat light formula) with the pretty pet crap they gave her at the pet store and she started eating around the pretty pet, so I removed it completely as of yesterday. I also got some of the wellness cat food (healthy weight) and started to mix that in as well yesterday. Her poops seem normal, but smaller/less frequent...

So, yeah, anyway... I'm curious about ratios too... half and half, orrrr??? :)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I use multiple foods, some are mixed, some have their own bowl...

Inky has a "regular" mix of about 5 foods, and based on how good I think the food is I'll put one or two parts in the mix. (Say there were 3 foods, and two were really good, so I'd to 2 parts of food one, 2 parts of food two, and 1 part of food three.) Then some just have a set amount of kibble he gets each night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.