Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't know as much about the sizing with these types of wheels, but as long as it is low enough to the ground for the little hedge to climb up on, I would assume it is safe for him or her to grow in to. Perhaps someone with more expertise on these wheels will chime in.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I do have to ask...my hedge makes quuuuite a mess running on her wheel..with those wheels titled on their side, when a hedgie is running and relieves itself, doesn't it just fling everywhere??

·
Registered
167 Posts
The store where i got my flying saucer wheel had 4 sizes. 12" (XL), 10" (L), 8" (M), and 6" (S). I got a 12". I love my flying saucer, it is 100% quiet (I can only hear my hedgie's little feet, which i love), it has a solid surface but has ridges to give my little marathon runner some traction. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The store where i got my flying saucer wheel had 4 sizes. 12" (XL), 10" (L), 8" (M), and 6" (S). I got a 12". I love my flying saucer, it is 100% quiet (I can only hear my hedgie's little feet, which i love), it has a solid surface but has ridges to give my little marathon runner some traction. :D
My roommate has the flying saucer for her short tailed possum, and i am happy that she got one first. Hers is so quiet and her little guy loves it. :razz:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a saucer and it is fantastic. It's so easy to just lift the saucer off the base and soak it in the sink to clean it. Although I've heard that they changed them so they don't detach anymore, is this true? Either way, that saucer fit through the cage door when the regular vertical wheel wouldn't. We had to practically take the cage apart to get the other wheel off, and that one was always so noisy.

So yes, flying saucers - A++ :D

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Where have you heard that, Chloe? The only concerns I've seen with it is that it could possibly cause joint issues due to the odd running position, if a hedgehog only every runs the same direction. But I have yet to hear of any actual problems caused by a Flying Saucer. If you have a comment like that to make, it'd be nice if you added in where you heard it or if you have personal experience with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts