Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... oduct+Type

I have two 10-inch lamps of this brand and really like them. The 10" is recommended to spread the heat out more, to evenly heat the cage. They're safe to use with ceramic heat emitters, and you can either use the clamp that comes with them, or not. I have them on my lamps, though I have them resting on the top of my C&C cage. I use the clamps to either clamp the lamp in place, or to help hold cords away from touching the lamp.

Also, a word of caution. Even though the lamps are safe to use with CHEs, still treat them with caution. They can be a definite fire hazard if there's anything flammable around them or touching them. I left a fleece blanket resting lightly against one of the lamps one night during cuddle time. When I went back up to put Lily away for the night, I found that the lamp had melted a hole in the fleece. So make sure all blankets and anything else is kept away from them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not sure if this was just my Petsmart- but in the clearance section the 8.5" Fluker's was $7.99! Fairly good deal. I don't need one now- but in case I add another one later I picked one up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts