Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I was just surfing the web for Hedgies to understand them more and I came across Fifi. There are a bunch of different videos of Fifi, one that makes her look like she has WHS or is just really sick. However, this video has me interested in what is going on with her backside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9oZNyyA ... re=channel

Is that a loss of quills due to mites, or a loss of fur from sitting on it all day? Or maybe it is her skin stretching to accommodate her weight, because it looks like there is a little bit of fur growth, but it is like it is stretched out.

I look forward to any comments on this particular hog, because I am trying to understand the situation. Thanks!

-Jeremy

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
The Jan '07 vids, she can actually move
By July '07, she can't really move anymore
Oct 20 '07, she had surgery, they have vids of her getting sedated, and a vid of her in the midst of being woken up very rudely

Unfortunately, I can't understand much mandarin, only speak cantonese. Or if someone here can actually read chinese (I can't lol) then perhaps they can shed some insight on the hedgie, especially what she went into surgery for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am guess she is severely over weight, because you look at the 06 videos, and she is thin and spray, but then you see a 07 video where the owner is feeding her cake. So I am guessing her problem is over weight, and that the operation had something to do with that. I will ask a friend on QQ (a chinese chat program) if they have any clue.

Watching a bunch of chinese videos of hedgehogs...and well, they tend to do a lot wrong. Anyone want to see a baby birthed?
I don't know too much Mandarin, so simply asking "Did the hedgehog mother eat the babies?" is a task for me, lol.

-Jeremy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts