Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm Veronica, and I'm new to the forums. :grin: I'll be picking up my first ever hedgie on Tuesday, and I wanted to know if there's anything I should look for in my first spikey pet? I've wanted one for awhile now, and I know most of the things I need to know, like how to know if they're healthy or not, and all the basic care information. I already have the supplies I'll need, and the cage (it's a bit smaller than what I would've liked, but it'll work since hedgie will have a wheel and ill bring him/her out to play a lot). Also, are there any tips I need to know for bonding with my new hedgie? He/she will be 8 weeks when I pick him up. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
The night before you get your hedgie take a piece of fleece (or more) , and sleep with it. This will make the fabric smell like you. When you get your hedgehog put the piece of fabric in the little house where he/she will sleep and the hedgehog will match your scent with being safe and happy. Replace the fabric every two days or so, so that the scent stays. This is a way of bonding with your hedgehog, while also helping him/her get used to you! Also, another good way to bond is to give your hedgehog treats while you play with him. I did both of these things when I got my hedgehog and they worked really well. Good luck!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts