Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was telling my brother earlier today i want to feed frodo a bunch of different snacks to see if he’ll annoint because he hasn’t yet, although he likes and enjoys the things i’ve given em he hadn’t annointed, and today i had been playing with him then he went back to bed and i put on hand sanitizer and once i whipped the hand sanitizer out he came back out and was sniffing like crazy! whenever he’s out and willing to play i’ll play with him to get as much bonding time as possible so of course i went back to his cage , i didn’t take him out right away, usually i’ll stick my finger through the wires of his cage and scratch his chin so i started to do that and he licked me like an ice cream cone , i pulled away because usually he’ll lick before he bites but he stared at me like “how dare u” and tried sticking his face through the wires of his cage to lick me again. giving in, i let him and sure enough he finally anointed. made me such a happy momma! i thought i’d have to buy a bunch of different treats but all it took was bath and body works “beautiful day”

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
573 Posts
That's fun! I am concerned though that this might not be the best thing for him to be eating. It is a chemical, so maybe just make sure it is fully dried on your hands before you let him lick it. Might not be the best for him :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's fun! I am concerned though that this might not be the best thing for him to be eating. It is a chemical, so maybe just make sure it is fully dried on your hands before you let him lick it. Might not be the best for him :)
oh i know! it was fully dried, and definitely a one time thing ! i was just excited to see him so happy but won’t be a reoccurring thing !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts