Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i finally got the new cage for my hedgehog Bonzo. I want to thank LizardGirl for the help and idea for the cage. Seeing as how i pretty much copied her cage, haha. Tonight is the first night he will be in it and have a wheel also. I'm hoping he will want to use the tube that is leading up to the loft where his wheel is. Today i kind of directed him in it and he got about half way and then came down. Hopefully later tonight when I'm asleep he'll be less shy and explore on his own and go all the way up to use the wheel! Do you think that since today he went in the tube a little bit when my family and i were watching, he'll go all the way on his own? thoughts and comments would be great! thanks.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
That's great! I hope the cage works well for you.

On the side note, did you air out the vinyl tube? They smell pretty strongly at first, I would give it a chance to get rid of some of the smell before you put your hedgie in it. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
when i had my old cage, shredder did the same thing with the ramp. in about an hour and a half he knew how to use the wheel, drinking from the bottle, going through tubes to opposite sides, and eating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts