Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw something similar to the ferret pal fun ball in my local pet shop yesterday. There was a picture of a hedgehog on the front. I was wondering if anyone has seen and/or used one of these?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
If you search plastic ball or run around ball, that might be what you saw...

They aren't good for ferrets (who would put a ferret in a ball anyway? :lol: ) and IMO they are not good for hedgies either.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I have a couple of the balls like Larry posted. Ferrets love them which is who they were initially purchased for.

As for the hedgehogs, Peaches loved it and some of the others walked through it, once. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Aha, those things! I have to admit that ferrets usually seem to like them. Make sure that if your hedgie balls up, you will be able to get him/her out! :lol:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so hard to find toys that are hedgehog safe and that Harley will actually play with. So far.... only the hedgie hat from Nancy.... and a sock once have been "played" with. Harley has a fabric cube with holes in it that he never uses so he probably wouldn't use it anyway. cute pic nancy :)

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Thanks Leanne. That's my Peaches (RIP). I should warn that the small blue cat ball in the picture is NOT hedgehog safe and should never be left with them unsupervised. One of the breeders had a girl get it caught on her lower jaw and it did severe damage before she could get it cut off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts