Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cloud's teeth are horrible and he has a hard time biting up the large, hard pieces of cat food. Currently i'm mixing it with wellness wet food to kind of soften it up but he only seems to like it when it is first mixed (after a while the wet stuff soaks into the dry stuff and makes everything icky and crumbly) can i start feeding him straight wet cat food? i realize its going to kill his bowels and make them extremly soft, but ar there any reasons to not try this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The reason that dry food is recommended is because it helps with their gums and cleans teeth. But if he is having trouble eating the hard stuff there shouldn't be a problem feeding just soft as long it still fits the protein and fat percentages. Maybe you could offer him both in seperate dishes? Just a thought but have you tried breaking the hard food up for him? If it's the large size that is the problem that might help.

·
Administrator
8,486 Posts
I had a rescue girl, Mirabelle that basically had no teeth when she came to me. I fed her a diet of softened dry cat food, baby food and gerber meat sticks. I would add water to her dry food and let it soften before I fed it to her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts