Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Titus loves raspberries. I mean he loves them.

I haven't been able to give him anything else like mealworms, for reasons like resources or fear of it being dangerous to him.

So I'm curious (and fishing for ideas) as to what everyone's hedgie's favorite treat is. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, :lol: I worded that wrong. I meant them as separate things. It's a pain in the butt to get to any place that would sell them here, so getting things like mealworms would be difficult. The fear of something being dangerous refers to, well, just about anything at the moment. :roll:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Titus said:
Sorry, :lol: I worded that wrong. I meant them as separate things. It's a pain in the butt to get to any place that would sell them here, so getting things like mealworms would be difficult. The fear of something being dangerous refers to, well, just about anything at the moment. :roll:
Oooh I understand now haha. You could try ordering them online :) They last pretty long if you keep them in the fridge. I too am scared of trying new treats lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm rather afraid myself. I only get him raspberries 'cause my mom makes smoothies with frozen fruit, and there's plenty of them to swipe and defrost for him.

I was thinking about adding vegetables to his diet, but I'm not sure which ones would be best. I mostly want to change it up 'cause his diet of kibble and a raspberry seems a little bland.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, the thought just occurred to me... Do they like those hamster ball things? Obviously it would need to be larger, but... yeah. It'd be something to put little Titus in while I clean his cage, and then I'll know he's getting exercise. ;)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hamster balls are actually dangerous for hedgehogs. They can easily get their toes caught (and I've heard sometimes amputated) in the slots. Since they tend to relieve themselves while they run, they'll be essentially showering themselves with it as the ball spins (and seeping out the slots and onto your floor).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad I never bought one then. :lol: His legs getting caught was definitely something I was concerned about.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Kamo loves apples, the insides of strawberries(since the outsides have little seeds), and chicken =] but apples are by far her favorite....without the skin of course. good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts