Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite thing your hedgehog does, or the funniest moment you've seen?
Mine will plop down on his belly, stretch both his front and back legs straight out, wiggle them around a few times in front of him while obviously stretching, then jump up and start running around his play area--it is the cutest thing to watch! The first time I saw him do it, I was like "OMG WHAT'S GOING ON?" but then I realized he was just stretching before he started his exercise.
Does anyone else have something they like to watch their hedgie do or moments where you were just like "What in the WORLD is that hedgehog DOING"? I thought it could be fun to share. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
One of my favorite things is that everytime I pick Turbo up he hisses and curls into a ball. Then once he smells my hand and realizes its me he immediately unballs and starts crawling all over. It's just cute because it makes me feel special, like a "Oh it's just mom" feeling, even though I'm sure lots of hedgies do that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sometimes while pepper is sleeping on his back/in a ball while i'm holding him, he'll stick out all 4 feet and twitch his legs, and actually lets me pet his fur. I just think its cute :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
This isn't funny, but it's like my favorite thing. >3>;

Nook does like the cutest thing ever, or at least I think. xD; Sometimes while he's sleeping, he'll suck/chew on his foot, like a little baby. xD; It's SO cute to watch. >3> He's just adorable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chevy sticks his head in the crook of my elbow and goes to sleep there.

Our first hedgehog, Tumbles, would roll onto her back and demand belly rubs when we approached.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Favorite: When Jade annointed from my scent
Funny moments: Jade always tries to hedgbut me with her quills when i wake her up. lolz. When she is fully awake she is nice though.
Another thing, Jade burrows between my legs ang goes to sleep. so cute.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
One of my favourite moments was with Pebbles who we lost on Monday.

Pebbles used to love chewing on the other girls quills while out for playtime. She would find a target and pursue her relentlessly to chew. I moved her away numerous times one night and finally told her she was going back to her cage for a time out. She immediately ran to the bars of the cage and looked at me so I took her picture. Imagine my surprise when I put the pictures on the computer and noticed she had her tongue stuck out at me. :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
When I first introduced Juniper to scrambled eggs, she was rather afraid of them! She came trotting out of her hedgie bag only to see foreign bright yellow things in her bowl! She huffed and curled up into a ball for a minute, before cautiously investigating and nibbling at the eggs. She now loves them, but it was pretty funny to see her reaction to them at first! :lol:

·
Registered
309 Posts
haha all your stories are great! Tonight during Sages play time all of a sudden she plopped herself down on her belly stuck both her back legs out behind her huffed then gave out the biggest yawn i have ever seen!I was like " What the heck are ya doing??" Then i was like "oohh" then " awww!" hehehe

·
Registered
72 Posts
When I let Adrian and Rocky play outside in the grass for the first time I turned my back for like 10 seconds and I look back and both are green! lol They were chewing on the grass and then annoiting EVERYWHERE!!! Their whole body was almost a shade of green. haha :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sometimes Biscuit will climb up my shirt, perch on my soldier, and lick behind my ear and chew on my hair :lol: I love it when he does that!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My favourite moments are when Kovi is wandering around on me in bed - she will once in a while climb under my shirt from the neck, turn around, and poke her nose out at me. She will sit there nose to nose with me with the rest of her body splatted out on my chest under my shirt (skin to skin - so soft :D) for minutes at a time, just sniffing and looking and we have our conversations. I love it!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Weirdest Pooky pose:

I don't know how to explain *this*. :?

One moment Pooky made us laugh a lot, it was during its first days with us, he was about 6-7 weeks old. I had just scooped him and was lifting him to deposit him in a blanket my girlfriend was holding, and suddenly: *ppppfffffffrrrttttttt...* - a loud, wet, 3 seconds hedgie fart. We looked at each other for a moment, in disbelief then we bursted out laughing. :lol:

G

·
We still laugh about Walter's first waxworm. He gobbled it up out of my hand with lightening speed, all moist and chewy, and then, before I could register what was happening, he spit the morsel back into my hand and walked off... :shock: :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Lifeisamealworm said:
We still laugh about Walter's first waxworm. He gobbled it up out of my hand with lightening speed, all moist and chewy, and then, before I could register what was happening, he spit the morsel back into my hand and walked off... :shock: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Jeece said:
Weirdest Pooky pose:

I don't know how to explain *this*. :?

One moment Pooky made us laugh a lot, it was during its first days with us, he was about 6-7 weeks old. I had just scooped him and was lifting him to deposit him in a blanket my girlfriend was holding, and suddenly: *ppppfffffffrrrttttttt...* - a loud, wet, 3 seconds hedgie fart. We looked at each other for a moment, in disbelief then we bursted out laughing. :lol:
LOLlol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts