Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? My hedgehog is around 1 and a half and has grown a small bump on his face.
is it possible for them to get ingrown whiskers? Or acne?
our closest hedgehog vet is a long way away so I figured I would ask here first. He doesn’t seem to be in any pain just his usual grumpy self.
Hedgehog Head Erinaceidae Eye Vertebrate

Head Eye Organism Snout Whiskers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hmmm… have they seemed to get bigger over time? Also if he has an ingrown whisker is might have started a pus making it a lump but from the photos it doesn’t look like any ingrown hair. If not check his gums and if you see anything odd please call your vet same if you don’t find anything. Just to be safe 🤗 tumors on face a quite the scare for small animals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm… have they seemed to get bigger over time? Also if he has an ingrown whisker is might have started a pus making it a lump but from the photos it doesn’t look like any ingrown hair. If not check his gums and if you see anything odd please call your vet same if you don’t find anything. Just to be safe 🤗 tumors on face a quite the scare for small animals.
Thank you for your response! Luckily the vet thinks this was just a clogged pore. He’s been on anti inflammatory meds for a week and it has cleared right up, panic over!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts