Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 8 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Hello, I live in Seoul currently. If it were my hedgehog, I would not let that doctor do surgery on him if he has no experience with it. Is this an ordinary vet or an exotic vet? I have had regular vets in Korea think my hedgehog was constipated when she was not (took her to a exotic vet after and he said she was not). I would 100% not trust an ordinary vet with your hedgehog. For something this serious, I would venture to Busan or Seoul (where I know there are good exotic vets). It might take a lot of time and money, but I think it is worth it if you want to put your hedgehog's life in good hands. If you want, you can tell me where you live and I can try to help you find an exotic vet. Your best bet would probably be Seoul, though. The place I take my girl to is in the Gangnam area (Acris animal medical center) and I have seen even racoons and meerkats in that place. They were also super gentle and knowledgeable about my hedgehog.

· Registered
225 Posts
Also, I would like to mention that the use of a heating pad is not recommended. It can end up burning your hedgehog.

Hedgehogs have a high pain tolerance so even though he may not be showing signs of suffering, he could still be in a great deal of pain.

Tip for giving medication: Many hedgehogs will try to anoint with their medication, which means they aren't actually swallowing it. Follow up the medication with some water via syringe so that it will help clear his mouth and hopefully won't feel the need to anoint.

1 - 4 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.