Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I have got my APH for over 4 months now (so he is about 6 months old) and he is a lovely boy, there is just one thing that makes me a bit concerned. He is very sensitive to any noises (not just loud ones) and any movements apart of his own of course. By extra sensitive I mean he really freaks out when any noise happens, he curls into the ball and start making the loudest noises, starts shaking and makes the popping noise. The noise that usually freaks him out is me only exhaling a bit loudly than usual or yawning while I'm cuddling him or the water is running in the next room with the door closed or he scared himself out when he eats his food and it crunches louder than usual. I can have a twitch while cuddling him and the same thing happens or if I just casually walk around his cage. Otherwise he is brilliant. When I take him out he cuddles with me and even falls asleep on me but it has too absolutely dead silent, otherwise if he hears any noise the fun is over and he curls into his ball and won't uncurl for ages.

Is this normal for APH? I new to taking care of one but I have read so many articles from different breeders and it has never been mentioned in any of them. Is there anything I can do to make him a bit more chilled out and stop being scared of everything? Thank you for any answers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts