Hedgehog Central banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
What a relief! Glad to hear it was nothing serious :)

When i first brought Barley home she had a small scab on her quill line, just like you i thought it was poop stuck to her fur. When i dabbed it with a wet cloth the scab came right off to reveal an already healing wound, that did somewhat resemble a bite. I cleaned it with diluted clorahexadine and within a week it was no longer visible. I am sure your girl will heal up just as fast!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
LizardGirl said:
I'm glad to hear that was just a scab and nothing more serious! Hopefully it heals up quickly. :)
Thanks, me toooo! :)

It was a pretty nasty looking wound there when he pulled the scab off, but it's already starting to look better since we've started the antibiotics. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cimredopyh said:
What a relief! Glad to hear it was nothing serious :)

When i first brought Barley home she had a small scab on her quill line, just like you i thought it was poop stuck to her fur. When i dabbed it with a wet cloth the scab came right off to reveal an already healing wound, that did somewhat resemble a bite. I cleaned it with diluted clorahexadine and within a week it was no longer visible. I am sure your girl will heal up just as fast!
Awwww!

Yeah, I tried to pull at the scab a little bit when we gave her a bath - and while she didn't fuss or anything, I was sooo scared of hurting her - especially if it was something serious. (By "pull" I mean it was more of a trying to massage it out while wet kind of deal, hoping whatever it was would dissolve/come off, but it didn't budge.) The vet actually had to pull it off. The wound underneath wasn't pretty, but it looks like it's starting to heal up already, thank goodness! :)

Those are from right after we got home. We've since done one round of the oral antibiotics and have reapplied the topical stuff, which seems to be doing a world of good. :)

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Wonderful news on the wound. While I hope she is not having babies, at least she is now in a loving home where she will be loved and receive all the proper care she needs and deserves

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
FiaSpice said:
I'm glad it's just a bite wound and not cancer, it seems so be healing good from the photo you posted.
Oh, me too, me too... :) Thanks! I think the ointment we got from the vet is working wonders.

shetland said:
Wonderful news on the wound. While I hope she is not having babies, at least she is now in a loving home where she will be loved and receive all the proper care she needs and deserves
Yeah... I hope so too, I'd really hate for her to have to go through that. We're trying to prepare and educate ourselves just in case though. The won't-know-until-it-happens part makes me so nervous... :|

21 - 26 of 26 Posts