Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!

My hedgie has escaped from his cage 4 times today and I don’t know how to stop it. It’s a wooden cage but there is some white plastic on the sides that he manages to crawl up. I tried to put fleece but he just climbs it quicker :(. Unfortunately I work all day so I can’t keep an eye on him. I don’t know if I’m doing anything to make him uncomfortable?? He has a wheel in his cage and there is plenty of room, I’m just not sure why he keeps getting out.

Please help, and feel free to send cage options! Anything helps

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello, can you please post an image of your set-up? It`s difficult to give ideas without seeing. Thanks! :)

Edit: I have a wooden terrarium with glass at the front. It`s good because it keeps the heat inside. Furthermore, I connected it with a playpen using child safety locks like this.
Table Wood Rectangle Grey Wood stain

·
Registered
7 Posts
Help!!

My hedgie has escaped from his cage 4 times today and I don’t know how to stop it. It’s a wooden cage but there is some white plastic on the sides that he manages to crawl up. I tried to put fleece but he just climbs it quicker :(. Unfortunately I work all day so I can’t keep an eye on him. I don’t know if I’m doing anything to make him uncomfortable?? He has a wheel in his cage and there is plenty of room, I’m just not sure why he keeps getting out.

Please help, and feel free to send cage options! Anything helps
Hello! So this used to happen when my hedgehog was younger (he is such and explorer)! How I fixed this was I made a lid out of c&c grids and used a velcro lock thing to keep it closed! He used to escape ALL of the time. Another thing you can do is attach a fleece blanket to the top of your hedgehogs cage (if it’s open topped)!! If your hedgehog is somehow managing to open the lid if you have one, I would suggest a baby lock!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts