Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may remember me, I posted a while back about blood in my hedgie's urine. After xrays, testing her urine etc...we came to the conclusion that hedgie has uterine cancer. This was about 6 months ago and she had been doing well since, the blood in her urine had cleared up, she was cuddling, running eating etc. The vets I spoke to said that her outcomes weren't great even with surgery and that I should just make sure she had an enjoyable life. About a week ago, I noticed my normally very piggy girlie had stopped eating. This happened once before when she was constipated and some baby food cleared it right up. She hasn't shown interest and I've been syringe feeding her, and now she is putting up a fight for even that. A day ago she started bleeding heavily in her urine (think more blood than pee). I think, very very sadly, she may be nearing the end of her short life. Can any of you suggest comfortable end of life care?

I'm deeply saddened by all of this. Thank you for any help you might suggest.

· Registered
1 Posts
I’m in a similar situation - previous blood in urine a month ago not fully diagnosed by xray and urinalysis, followed by current more blood than urine with prolapsed uterus. She’s splatting all the time now and continues to bleed. May I ask about your hedgie and whether you had to do end of life care for her? And if you considered or did euthanasia. Many thanks.

Hi Everyone,

Some of you may remember me, I posted a while back about blood in my hedgie's urine. After xrays, testing her urine etc...we came to the conclusion that hedgie has uterine cancer. This was about 6 months ago and she had been doing well since, the blood in her urine had cleared up, she was cuddling, running eating etc. The vets I spoke to said that her outcomes weren't great even with surgery and that I should just make sure she had an enjoyable life. About a week ago, I noticed my normally very piggy girlie had stopped eating. This happened once before when she was constipated and some baby food cleared it right up. She hasn't shown interest and I've been syringe feeding her, and now she is putting up a fight for even that. A day ago she started bleeding heavily in her urine (think more blood than pee). I think, very very sadly, she may be nearing the end of her short life. Can any of you suggest comfortable end of life care?

I'm deeply saddened by all of this. Thank you for any help you might suggest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.