Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nacho is my 6 year old hedgy.. she has lived an amazing life and is loved! Within the past couple weeks I noticed her mouth had a swelling on the right side, we thought maybe she had scratched or a bug bit her while outside…. It continued to swell and I couldn’t get her into a vet because the exotic vet is 2 hours away from me. The vet believes it to be oral squamous cell carcinoma… an aggressive oral cancer tumour. We took samples and are awaiting a lab to find out exactly what it is.. Nacho was fine aside from the growth in her mouth she acted normal, eating & drinking. Yesterday I woke her and noticed her eye on that same side as the swelling had discharge/blood. Skin is inflamed. I am so heartbroken because I know she has passed her life span and is very old. I don’t know if she is in excruciating pain or not :( I just want to hold on to her but I cannot let my baby suffer… her eye has progressed and seems to be getting worse. She is currently on METACAM and she gets it once a day every 24 hrs. I can’t decide if I need to make a decision to euthanize her or let her go naturally and comfortable…. 💔 please help and advice is appreciated. Her is her eye as of yesterday :(

1 - 1 of 1 Posts