Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel awful I can't stop crying, I had my hedgehog wrapped up in a towel and next thing I know he walked right out and fell like 3 feet, I feel horrible, I didn't see how he landed but it was either on his side or his feet, he's acting completely normal, he let me pick him up after he fell and I have him a lot of worms and he ate them all, he pooped and peed normal like a few mins after I dropped him and he did eat food, I put him in his cage and he went right to sleep like normal, it's about time for him to wake up and run on his wheel but I'm scared of internal bleeding and stuff like what do I do, the vet is not open right now and I don't want something bad to happen over night, please help me I'm so scared and upset, and he's albino so would I know if he was bleeding internally?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Look for behaviour changes, look for bloody poop (it may be black if its blood in the digestive track) or pee, look for any changes in how he walks, notice if he reacts (winces, huffs, jerks) from bruising or tender areas when you handle him -- be paranoid and observant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.